Monday, September 21, 2009

The road taken !



The sky is dark above me,
Thick, black clouds!
The wind opposing my motion,
The dust blurs my vision.
My thoughts in a whirlpool,
I try to think clear, my mind betrays me.
I fight with them all,
So simple they appear,yet complicated in design.


I have so much to be happy about,
Yet, crave for more!
More? What is more and what is less?
What is the yardstick?


All I want is difficult to achieve,
All I look forward to, an elite’s win.
I don’t understand reason,
All I know, I want them all.
Would I reach where I have set out for?
Do enough to satiate my own desires?


What if I fail to do it!
It may not be anybody’s fault,
Yet I would blame somebody.
Apprehensions are multitude,
Yet I cannot look back.


The path looks tough,
But, the thoughts of my destination
Fills my heart with glee.
It spreads an instant smile,
And makes me chuckle to my fears.


And deep within it assures me,
You can make it,
You can reach beyond the sky.
This is the picture you had painted,
And this is all you had wanted.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

"What if I fail to do it!
It may not be anybody’s fault,
Yet I would blame somebody."

Your creativity and honesty are appreciable. :)

Surya Pratap Mishra said...

yeh hui na baat :P

mast poem...minblowing, fantastic, superb, history, geography :D

satare badhiya heichi :)

अभिनव said...

"I don’t understand reason,
All I know, I want them all."
dis is xactly d kind of stubbornness dat is required 2 achieve what u hav set out for.
d post starts wid 'dark sky' & ends wid a wonderful picture and dat is wat I wud appreciate d most in dis creation of urs :)

Pratik Hakay said...

This is what comes first to my mind when I read it -
Dreams are spineless without Passion.
Passion complements Potential.
Potential is a waste without Application. Application is incomplete till it Delivers ...

Your Poem ignites this fire -
You have it all in "You". Go, get out there and have it ... ! :)
All the best ...