Sunday, December 13, 2015

Jnu Diary

As i had my third semester exams and didn't know what exactly was our syllabus(banking a lil too much on upsc skills and residual memory..i sat at the last bench with a fellow odia girl Garima Rath.. A sociology topper for timely and kindly help.
We noticed a young fellow ddistribute ththe papers out instead of the faculty...probably the PH.D final yearite.  The conversation in odia followed..
Garima: Didi this guy is marrying in December.
Me: Oh... How do u know?
She: He was inviting the chairperson.. I over heard.
(By this time the guy had already reached our desks)
Me: Handsome indeed..lucky girl someone winking my eyes to Garima..
She: What sort of a surname is 'Khuntia'?
Me: :-O he is Odia.. ?
She: Sorry Didi :-P
In the meantime the guy oblivious that we were aware of our stupidity.. Had come nearer discussing some aspects of the question paper.. Smiling sideways..

I let the matter go..
Garima mean time to deal with Jnu cold had taken out a zandu balm n put it on the desk.. For momentary respite i took a lil n absent mindedly rubbed a few on my eyes.. Next tears wouldnt just stop.. I couldn't open my eyes.. Neither f them..stood up to rush n wash my eyes... Bumped on top of the same fellow..who had tocatch me by the hand and leave me till d door of the washroom..
Meanwhile in the class..people just couldn't get what happened.. Garima stood and declared "it's ok.. She accidentally put balm in her eyes"
N when i came back the whole class was laughing at me...

Totally a stock of laughter among the juvenile delinquents..whole day people of my class are laughing at me !!!

No comments: